This dress is the first thing I've made my daughter. It was one of her Christmas presents but she didn't quite fit until this last week.
I used a quilting cotton from Fabric.com. Now I'm in agreement with most of you- quilting cotton should not be used for garments. But it's a baby so I got over it! I trimmed the dress with some lace that I had in my stash. I was initially going to make the organza overlay. However, the cheap synthetic organza I got was not behaving and the dress looked better without it so I omitted it.
I converted the zipper closure to a button band instead. For someone who spends much of the day sleeping and rolling around on the ground, a zipper just didn't seem too comfortable. I couldn't find much info on converting to a zipper closure out there so I did my own thing. If any of you are interested, let me know and I will do a tutorial in the future.
My daughter is a little over 3 months now. I'm not sure how much she is weighing these days. I made the size small for 13-18 lbs and it seems to fit her well with a little room to grow. It's long on her- almost to her ankles but looks like that what the style is meant to be.
This was a quick and easy dress to make. The bodice is lined which gives it a nice finish. I may use the pattern for another view in the future.